Renovation Project # 3

Welcome to my celebration of successes and reflections on setbacks, as well as progress on my newest and most exciting venture ever!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring Clean-Up

Time is running out before my first summer renter arrives at the cottage - spring clean up came at the perfect time. I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of the roadside pile at Stone's Throw that resulted from Queens Region spring clean-up week! It looked like the Beverley Hillbillies had moved in! The couple that previously owned Stones Throw as their full time home, had built and lived in that house for over 45 years and, if you're anything like me, you can understand how much "stuff" you can accumulate over that length of time.

Plus, this man was a scrounger, packrat, and handyman. He was the best at using "found" items to make, repair things needed at the house. Unfortunately, there weren't enough project ideas to keep pace with the collecting end of things!

Spring clean-up also brings out the "trollers", who travel the highways and byways looking for their own opportunities to scrounge. So, all the car fenders, engine parts, barrels - all that was metal - never even saw the garbage trucks on recycling day. They had long before been picked up and made their way to someone else's treasure hoard!

But, I can honestly say the place looks great - the shore of the lake is clean and the storage space in basement and garden shed - WOW! Now I have room for MY "stuff"!

No comments:

Post a Comment