Renovation Project # 3

Welcome to my celebration of successes and reflections on setbacks, as well as progress on my newest and most exciting venture ever!

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Mother's Advice

Like probably everyone in their teens, I didn't pay much attention to the advice of my parents - but this time my mother was right!! "Marry somebody handy," she said. I did - and boy, am I glad.

John's great at "do-it-yourself". In Ontario, he completely wired and plumbed our home, as well as build all doors, cabinets, etc. Since he's got proven skills, I've volunteered him to attack some of the renovations on "Stone's Throw" before our renter arrives in Nova Scotia. He's been a champ, not only helping out with painting, but has just completed changing around hookups for washer/dryer. Next on the honey do list is installing electric water heater and assisting electrician by stripping wires in basement. (Yes, we finally got an electrician!)

I think I got the better end of this deal - I get to go shopping for furnishings and kitchen gadgets, while he's standing on his head installing pipes!!
I won't go as far as to say that a mother is ALWAYS right, but she sure hit the nail on the head this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment