Renovation Project # 3

Welcome to my celebration of successes and reflections on setbacks, as well as progress on my newest and most exciting venture ever!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Taking the plunge!

Well, this is a new one for me - I've just become a blogger! Never thought I'd do it, but now I really have something I want to share. So many people I know are asking how my project is going that I thought this would be an easy way to get the news out - and to find others who have been bitten by the renovation "bug". John teases me that he's never seen me so happy as when I'm pouring over hardware and DIY flyers and catalogues.

As a "newbie" at blogging, I'm sure I'll make mistakes, so I welcome your comments and constructive criticism as to how to make this site more interesting.

I'm a few weeks into the cottage make-over, and am sorry now I haven't documented efforts from the beginning, but things are moving slowly, so you haven't missed too much. This season I'll focus on new wiring, plumbing and new paint throughout - not the most glamorous make-over topics, but in this case very necessary.

My target for this year's efforts is June 30 - I have a renter in place for July, so I have to stay on track!! Guess I'd better get started on things - today it's covering knotholes and completing primer on LR walls - boy, what I didn't know about painting over wood panelling . . .